How I Found The True Meaning Of Success? | Chinu Kala | HelpPediaIndia



How I Found The True Meaning Of Success? | Chinu Kala | HelpPediaIndia


I grabbed my clothes took some money that I had saved and I just thought that I should leave For the whole night. I was thinking about how long would I be able to survive with these 300 Rs, And will my life end when this money gets exhausted? They explained to me that I have to go door to door And sell things This door that got shut on me had told me where I actually stand It broke my confidence At that time being alive was the most important thing Here.

  I am standing in front of you a successful entrepreneur with a company that clocked a turnover of approximately 15 Crores last year. If you really want to reach the pinnacle of success, then you need to try again & again Just like that today, I am standing in front of you and narrating my story sharing my journey, A journey where one door that got slammed right on my face at The age of 15 opened doors of success for me Hi. I am Chinu Kala Founder of Rubans Accessories, India's most loved jewellery brand, An entrepreneur who is not an IIM Graduate, Let alone IIM. I do not have a masters degree itself. Actually, I was not even able to complete my basic education, But still here I am standing in front of you - A successful entrepreneur With a company that clocked a turnover of approximately 15 Crores. Last year. I was able to reach here because I was adamant to succeed. I was really stubborn to become successful And that stubbornness took me along. I belong to Mumbai, Born and bought up in Mumbai. Only I belong to a typical middle-class family, Maa, Papa and Siblings. This was my world, My mom used to work abroad, so she used to be out mostly. We were mostly raised by my father One day when I was just 15 me and my father ended up having a really heated argument, and He scolded me saying that if you can't listen to me and want to do everything on your own, then you don't need To live in my house, And I also got filled with rage and decided to leave the house, and I did it - Got my clothes and took some 300 Rs that I had saved and I decided to leave the house And I came down the building and stood There for more than 2 hours, I was confused that what should I do now, But I was so stubborn that I had decided not to go back. Hence I left. I didn't even think about that. Where would I live &? What would I eat? You know when we are kids, then most of our basic needs are taken care by our parents. We don't even realize that someone is working hard to take care of our life And you need money for everything. I was clueless about everything, But I had this hazy. Memory that I had seen some people sit at Bombay Central Station. I caught a train and went there By then it was already night. I just had a vada pav at night And, like other people there I put my bag under my head and lied down, But I couldn't sleep For the whole night. I contemplated that. How long would I survive like this, And will my life end with there 300 Rupees This night was really tough and scary. For me, By the morning I was crying. I didn't know what to do or where to go or whom to ask for help. During this. A kind woman approached me She asked me why I was crying After I told her my story. Even she couldn't see my condition And she suggested me something about door to door sales, And I remember that she told me that I would be able to get a daily commission And I just sat there. I did nothing but just sat there the whole day, But it was a question of survival and I didn't have any other plan So the next day I reached that office to get some work. They explained to me that I have to go from door to door and sell some items like Knives, coasters and other basic kitchen equipment stuff, like that, I thought that this is easy and I would be able to do it. I also interacted with some people and made arrangement for My stay at a dormitory. To be honest at that time Nothing seemed more important to me than survival. Hence I didn't even think if I am safe or not, I just stood up and went to work. It was my first day I took my bag with all the stuff and started. I rang the doorbell of the first house, A woman came out Before I could've spoken anything. She saw those items in my hand and without even saying anything she just shut that door. On my face For a moment I became numb I was in shock. I didn't feel this bad. When my father told me to get out, I thought that this must be very easy. People usually need these things, so they will buy it, But this door that got slammed on my face bought me back to reality. It broke my confidence. It just broke everything inside me, But I guess this was my first encounter with the real world. I didn't have time or the option to cry be sad or to give up, because I had to feed myself. You know the zeal to survive can fill up. Anyone with enough courage That they are able to do anything - And I think that hunger to survive, gave me that new strength and I stood up again, wiped off my tears and this time I told myself that I won't take any rejection. I went to the next house And this time I didn't get rejected. I did my first sale that day Now that I think about it. It seems like a very small achievement, but this was the first success of my life Whenever I feel dejected. I just remember that day That day, life taught me a valuable lesson that, in order to reach anywhere in life, you will have overcome challenges. You will get opportunities like I got one from that aunty at the station, and you will face a lot of challenges Just like when that door got slammed on my face. But it is up to you to get back on your feet and fight to succeed and survive, and these choices that you will make will be monumental both in your success and failures. I learned one thing about life that anything that provides you with a 2-time meal And a roof to live under. It is never small. I did a lot of jobs, Waitress, tele-caller receptionist. I did every job here and there and learned something from every job that I did and these learnings guide me even today. I was always outperforming my peers because I never had the security of not performing. I never had the privilege of a fall back plan. I didn't even have the option to quit working or sit at home. My only option was to give 100 % in anything and everything that I do. I eventually got a job at a clothing store. I was good at sales. I learned a lot of other things here: .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post