Steve Harvey Motivational Story - WATCH THIS BEFORE YOU GIVE UP - HelpPediaIndia

 




When I got into comedy at 27, I had a turn back moment: man, it was the day I was gon na quit because i'd had enough man. I was living in this car for three years man.

  I ain't got no money and uh. I was gon na call my mom and dad and ask him: could I come home and just stay in the attic for about four months till I find a job. My father told me: you can't come back home Once you leave my daddy's house, you got figured out, so I knew it was gon na be hard, but they had put an answering machine in the attic for me, and so I was bathing in a hotel in Pensacola florida and the way I used to bathe was I used to go to hotels that had those bathroom doors that went floor to ceiling. I would go to real fancy Like rich carltons and stuff like that, because they had linen tiles wrapped up in a basket, and I would take a bunch of them and run hot water on them and i'd. Take them in the stall and shut the door. And i'd take my bag and i'd soap up then I would wait till the coast was clear and i'll run out and get a bunch of mo rags and soak them up and come out and Wipe it off. Then I stand there and dry put my clothes back on. That's how I bathed every other day, man, and so I was in that one time and they had a convention in town and when I got all the stuff. I soaped up this convention. Let out and men was just coming in the bathroom and I couldn't go out so I couldn't get the soap off. So I left the toilet seat down I'm sitting there. Man, I just started crying. I said I can't take it. No more. I'm finna quit. I'm gon na go call my daddy just ask him. Can I come home man? I can't do this, no more so before I called him. I called the answer machine and I got a message and it said steve harvey. This is chuck sutton from showtime at the apollo. We Saw a tape of you if you would come to new york sunday night. This was a thursday come to sunday, sunday night. We're going to put you on tv show time to apollo. Put me on tv. That was my dream, but I had a problem. I had 25 and I couldn't get to new york. How was I gon na get in new york for 25? So I said man I went back in my car and i'm crying again. I said man god. I finally get a shot to get on tv and then I can't even go. I said, how could you do this to me? Then i'm 30, something now i've been waiting. My whole life and you get me here so I said. Let me call this machine back and just see if he said this sunday and I called it back and it said steve this chuck suddenly from showtime department we saw we have opening for you sunday. If you could get here. Give me a call. Let me Know we'd love to put you on tv, [, Music ], so I got ready to hang up and I heard boop. You have another message and I punched you in the code and the mess said steve harvey. This is tom sober from the comedy caravan. I don't know where you are now, but I have a gig available for you in jacksonville florida to pay you 150 friday night. If you can Make the gig, let me know i'm in pensacola, so I call tom sobel. He sends me to this gig to make 150. I go the next night I make 150, but I was so funny the club owner said. If you stay the next night, i'll pay you another 150. I got 300. I called tom chuck sutton back at the apollo and said: hey man. I just got this message. If you still got Room for me in new york, i'd do it. He said yeah come on, so I went to eastern airlines bought a round trip ticket for 99 from jacksonville florida to new york, performed on showtime at the apollo wrote the joke that made me famous mike tyson hit this fight of mitch green in the eye and His eye started talking and I wrote that on the way to new york got a standing ovation on the apollo. I Have been on television ever since that night right there, you .

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post